Academy of Computers
Duration: 2 Months
This course is for beginners to learn about Adobe Photoshop. We provide multiple modules.
Hi there, my name is Dan Scott. I’m an Adobe Certified Instructor for Photoshop. Now together in this course, me, you, are going to learn everything we need to know about using Photoshop.
Hi there, in this video we’re going to just get everything set up for this course so it all runs nice and smoothly. The first thing you’ll do is download the exercise files. There will be a link on the page here to go off and download those, so you can play along.
In this video you will learn basic navigation & how to combine images in Photoshop
- Stroke settings
- Appearance panel
- 08:09How to create text in Adobe Photoshop CC
In this video you will learn how to create text in Adobe Photoshop CC
- 01:57How to warp text in Adobe Photoshop CC
Hi everyone, it is time to bend your text. Warp it around, do some different shapes, adjust it and definitely look at how to turn it into a fish shape. All right, let’s get started.
- How to get text to follow a line or circle in Photoshop
Hi there, in this video, trying to be clever here. It’s text following the path. We even do this where it kind of goes around the top and around the bottom. Let’s learn how to do that now in Photoshop.
- 08:17How to add a line around the outside of type in Photoshop
Hi everyone, in this video we are going to add Stroke around text and objects. Even, we’re going to get bit fancy with double strokes that have patterns in them. All right, let’s go and do that now in Photoshop.
- 02:19How to a bevel or emboss to text in Photoshop CC
Hi there, in this video it’s all about Bevels and Embosses. Making this kind of 3D effect, I’ll turn it off, turn it back on. All right, I’m not a big fan of it, but you might love it, and that’s okay. I will judge you still but I won’t do it to your face, don’t worry. Let’s jump in now, and learn Bevels and Embosses.
- How to add a drop shadow to text in Photoshop CC
In this video you will learn how to add a drop shadow to text in Photoshop CC
- 06:35Presenting your Photoshop work for your portfolio
All right, to make this work we’re going to have to do a little bit of a hack. What I mean by that is that there’s some skills you’re going to learn further in the course. Things like Smart Objects and Layer Masks, with which we’re going to make this a very perfect non-destructive professional version of what we’re just about to do, but we don’t have those skills, so we’re going to do a big old hack version where it works, but maybe not the most professional use.
- 04:29Project 1 – Creating your own postcard
All right it is homework project time. Don’t think of it as homework, think of it as ways to really solidify what you’ve learnt so far, and I promise you, I’ve taught this loads of times and if the people who bother going and doing these little extras, they really find the benefits, or at least find the tools stick a lot more than just kind of following along with me with the videos.
- 21: Creating your own postcardYou’re project is to create your own postcard using the tools & techniques learnt so far in this course. You must demonstrate all the items in the following list (emboss is optional).
- 03:40How to crop an image in Adobe Photoshop CC
Hi there, this video is all about cropping. You might think, “Hey, cropping is not that exciting, I’m going to skip along.” You can, but there are some secret tricks in this video, I promise. Things like deleting crop pixels, and rotating it. Hang around, it’s not a long video, let’s get started.
- 06:11How to crop an image for a frame in Adobe Photoshop CC
Hey there, in this Cropping video we’re going to crop to a specific size. Let’s say we’ve got a photo frame, and it needs it in an exact size, or say, it’s for a magazine, and it needs to be A4 or US Letter. So we’re going to show you how to do that
- How to straighten the horizon line using Photoshop CC
Hey there, in this video we’re going to straighten this Horizon line here, just a little bit off. We’re going to use the Cropping tool to do it, and we’re going to invent new background using the Content to Width Scale.
- 06:20How to copy from one image to another in Photoshop CC
Hey there, in this video we’re going to take this tea cup, add a storm, and have storm in a teacup. It’s a couple of quick selection techniques using the Marquee Tool in Adobe Photoshop. Let’s go and do it.
- 09:35How to crop images inside of text
Hi there, in this video we are going to crop images inside of text, like that. It’s super easy to do. We’re actually going to push it a little bit further where we take an image and do some kind of glitch effect type stuff where there’s a letter, it’s inside the text where things offset, it looks kind of cool. All right, let’s get in there now, and learn how to make this in Photoshop.
- 10:11How to remove the background in Adobe Photoshop CC
In this video you will learn how to remove the background in Adobe Photoshop CC
- Class Project – Quick Select Tool
Hi there, it is class project time. I’ve separated this out into its own video. I’ll do this from now on, it’s a little tidier.
Hi there, in this video we are going to add some text behind this woman here. It’s super quick, super easy, let’s go learn how to do it in Photoshop.
- 04:47How to create a layer mask in Adobe Photoshop CC
Hi there, in this video we’re going to learn what a Layer Mask is, and how to create it. It’s super simple, basically it’s this black and white thing that goes on top of an image
- 08:57Class project – Cut a person out & put them into another image in Photoshop
So it’s class project time. We’re going to take the girl that we made before, with the Quick Selection Tool. Instead of copying and pasting it we’re going to add that Layer Mask
- 1 question31: Cut a person out of 1 image and place them into another image convincingly.Find your own background from somewhere like Pexels, cut out the image of the girl doing exercise in the exercise files and place her into the background of your choice.
- How to blend fade one image into another in Photoshop CC
Hey there, welcome to this video. I’m going to show you how to do this where we just kind of paint in an image. So we can do a kind of a cool before and after. It’s pretty simple with a Layer Mask and a brush. Let’s jump in now to find out how.
- 04:14How to add filters & effects in Adobe Photoshop
In this video you will learn how to add filters & effects in Adobe Photoshop
- 03:12How to turn an image into a painting in Adobe Photoshop
Hi there, in this video we’re going to turn an image into an oil painting. It’s basically just a click of a button. Thank You, Photoshop. Let’s learn how to do it.
- 00:31Class Project – Oil Painting
Hey there, it is homework time; it’s an easy one.
Find an image, your own image. Get something off your phone, it can be a picture of you, and I want you to convert your Layer to a ‘Smart Filter’, and I want you to convert your Layer up here to ‘Convert for Smart Filters’.
- 41: Oil PaintingIn this exercise we’ll look at Oil Painting filters
- 06:42How to create the Dotted Halftone Poster Effect in Photoshop
Hello, Halftone lovers, it’s Halftone dot Poster Effect time where we take an image like this, add some cool colors and some dots. We do a similar sort of thing with some lines. We even add some gradients, and dots, and terrible gradients. It’s a nice simple effect in Photoshop, let’s get going.
- 00:23Class exercise – Halftone
Hi, you’re back, you’re back for more homework. I knew you would be.
This one’s an easy assignment. I want you to grab your own image. It can be something from the internet, but what about getting your phone out, and emailing one of your pics to yourself?
- 43: HalftoneIn this project you’ll practice using the halftone filter
- 04:28How to fake realistic motion blur in Adobe Photoshop CC
Hi there, in this video we’re going to take the runner here, and make it look like he’s moving nice and fast using Motion Blur. We’ll also do it to this taxi here. Not zoom in, zoom in. All right, it’s another Photoshop filter. Let’s learn how to do it.
- The Lens Flare right of passage in Adobe Photoshop
Hey there, this video is more of a right of passage than it is learning Photoshop. We are going to be learning something. We’re going to be learning the filter called Lens Flare.
All right, it is time to learn what a Smart Object is. Basically it is a protective wrapper you put around images that you bring into Photoshop, that protects them, keeps them safe from all your filters, any kind of resizing you do, like a protective wrapper.
Books & Notes
Exams & Certificate
Fully Air Conditioned
Training & Placement
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
We provide placement in various companies through job fair and in-house hiring. We also provide mock-up interviews to practice and prepare to get your dream job.
Yes, You can get demo classes after registration at our Academy. Please visit and our counsellors will guide you.
We have multiple batches running from 8:00AM to 8:00PM. Get in touch with our Counsellors for more details.
Our fees may change from time to time. For updated fees contact our admission desk. We provide discount for needy students and festive offers. Please contact our counsellors.